Community and Environment
Our engagement with charitable and community-centred activities gives us a rich perspective on the important roles we all play in wider society.
Landscaping to a better future…
Most recent contributions made by our team include:
- Managing Director, Nigel Bowcock, completing two marathons in two consecutive weeks to raise £3,500.00 for Perennial.
- Constructing the Brighton Open Air Theatre (at zero profit) to provide an essential open space for the local community. We continue to provide the maintenance of this cultural landscape at no cost.
- Supplying and planting (at cost only) 40 x 7 tonne Yew Trees at the Australian War Memorial in France for the Commonwealth War Graves Commission. Our contribution to the cause was recognised with a British Association of Landscape Industries (BALI) Award.
- Landscaping advice and support in redeveloping Hove Lagoon’s seafront community facility.
- Providing free compost to local key workers.
- Supplying local charities and groups with plants and trees leftover from construction works. Nothing goes to waste!
- Partnering with Brighton Council to restore large local roundabouts; neglected and destroyed by traffic over time.
- Understanding the importance of youth sport and, as such, supporting and sponsoring two grassroots youth football teams in both Southwick and Staines.
We don’t just look to improve our community, either…
We’re big on wildlife preservation and will always conduct habitat surveys before any landscaping begins. And – as part of our landscaping services – we’ll always promote extra hibernation hotels and plenty of nectar-rich plants for wildlife to enjoy.
Acre Landscapes adhere to a promise of no pesticides.