Stanmer Park Restoration
Project Name: Stanmer Park Restoration
Project Time: March 2021
Project Value: £650 K
Project Type: Commercial Construction
Main Contractor: Brighton and Hove City Council and Plumpton College
Landscape Architect: LDA
Location: Brighton, UK
Stanmer Park is Brighton’s largest Park. It is a gateway between the city and the South Downs National Park. Designed in the 18th Century, it is a grade 2 registered landscape which is historically and nationally significant.
The park includes Grade 1 listed Stanmer House and the historic walled garden and glasshouses.
The park includes Grade 1 listed Stanmer House
- 174 contract grown semi-mature trees
- 2180m2 of specialist Breedon gravel footpaths across the park including the walled garden.
- 915m of hedgerow to border the south terrace
- 218 climbers
- 21,184 contact grown and selected herbaceous shrubs and plants
- 1928m3 imported, blended topsoil
- 154m3 imported subsoil
- 486m timber rail fencing
- 1,600m2 wildflower turf